How to start labor!!!!

I'm 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant how can I get my labor to just start??

Kaylee22006

Asked by Kaylee22006 at 9:22 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• SEX! lol it really works! or you could walk alot!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:32 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Nothing works unless your body is ready.
    I tried every natural thing in the book starting at 37wks....didn't have my son until 40w2d.

Just sit back and ENJOY you're remaining weeks, you'll miss it. Your baby will come when s/he is ready!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• im right there with you girl! im sooo ready to have her.. i think sex is a definite motivator my husband just came home from overseas and we had sex and i started losing my mucus plug.. i know that means nothing but its a start! good luck!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 9:40 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Im 38wks and Ive tried sex and got nothing. I am 2.5 cm already and having contractions but nothing regular. Ive heard nothing works, you will go into labor when your body is ready.

Hang in there momma. It wont be much longer. Im waiting right there with ya.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 9:40 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i am 32 weeks with my third and i have to say, you really should cherish these last weeks of quiet, eating/sleeping/showering/peeing when you want to. the baby will come whe the time is right. and when that time comes your life is over and you are living for your child instead of your comfort. i walked,sex,squats,kegels,swimming,spicy food,castor oil and visualized giving birth. my boys couldnt have cared less and came when they were ready. the whole experience from the prego test to the labor and delivery is a beautiful thing that passes far too quickly. enjoy your last weeks bc your babe will never be this close to your body or as safe again! best wishes for a healthy delivery...please let me know when you go!
    NdJc0407

Answer by NdJc0407 at 9:49 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Why on earth would you want to start labor before your baby is ready? 37 weeks isn't even full term. Relax. Your baby will come when ready.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:04 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Wait for your body, your baby, and Mother Nature to do their thing.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:31 PM on May. 17, 2009

• oh honney! I tryed it all! I was pass my due and couldn't wait... I tryed sex, spicy foods, pineapple, walking up & down the stairs....and I hate to tell you nothing works...just wait you almost thre;)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 11:13 PM on May. 17, 2009