WHAT???????!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR 6 AND A HALF MONTH OLD??? SHE IS PICKY AND I WANT TO GIVE HER CHOICES(BABY FOOD/TABLE FOOD)....THANKS

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 9:45 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• finger stuff.. peas, a corn piece, cooked carrots cut up to the size of a pea a grain of rice butternut squash cut up to the same size, really any veggie or fruit you just have to make it finger sized and soft) cheerios..... be careful in this early stage of mixing up too many foods if the baby has an allergy (a bad one) to something you won't know which one
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My doctor told me that I could start my little girl table foods once she was 6 months old AND able to keep herself sitting up AND she cuts a tooth. BUT she is already on baby food. She started at like a little after 4 months and was on cereal at a bit after 3 months. And she has been teething for 2 months already. Just go to the store and get a jar of every flavor and try them out to see what she likes. I've also noticed when you're introducing a new food, DON'T make an icky face or a worried face. That will teach the baby that the food is supposed to be gross. This is just from my experience, that keeping a happy face and smiling while feeding her, she usually does the same.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:00 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Wow, at that age my son still was exclusively breast fed. I'd say soft or pureed fruits and veggies, avocado, bananas, ect.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• just offer table food. if she wants it she'll eat it. you don't have to puree it. their gums and jaws are really powerful. they don't need solids until they are at least 1 year old.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Table food at 6 1/2 months? That seems way early to me.

My 6 1/2 month old barely eats any "baby food". I can get her to take 3-4 good bites of pureed pears, or smooshed banana or avacado. The majority of their nutrition should still be from breastmilk or formula at this age. Food is just extra.
    MrsBlack530

Answer by MrsBlack530 at 11:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• That seems early for much texture. At 6 1/2 months, we were still doing more pureed foods. Try squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, fruits (bananas are great!). Meats can be tough, because they can be gritty. Once she hits 8 months, you can add baby yogurt (YoBaby), egg yolks (not whites!!), and crackers (even before 8 months). My son wasn't a fan of avocado, but I'm not either, so he never had it in my milk or in utero. He also never liked cereal, so we went right to sweet potatoes, which he loved. Have fun! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I wasn't necessarily saying that it was right for every baby, but because my little girl is teething early and doing so well on baby food, that was her recommendation for me. And who knows, she may not cut her teeth until she is 9-12 months.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:42 AM on May. 18, 2009