What do you do when things seem do be going down hill?

I mean these past two days I have not been my self, I have been very short with my kids I am always yelling at them and telling them to sit over to the other side bc mommy is feeling hot (you know body heat makes me even more hotter). I don't feel up to doing much of nothing unless I have to (Like cooking cleaning etc) bc I have to do it but even on my chores I seems to drag my butt. I don't know why I feel this way I am taking antidepressant have been for 6 yrs. and I had never had this problem why all of a sudden? My dh wanted to take us to the movies and I just didn't feel like it I told him to just take the kids and I will stay home he said NO bc this is the way you will start once you don't go you will never go. So they did not go, I felt bad for the kids. Then he says let's all go take a dip in the pool again I said no, he is tripping and says What the ....is the matter with you???? I don't even know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Health

• Talk to your Dr. about changing your medication or your dose. These are all classic depression symptoms.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:07 PM on May. 17, 2009

• what about getting out JUST YOU-- for a quiet lnch and a back message-- like 3 hours just to yourself-- try it-- make yourself go out- if you have a good friend tag them along but if not just go do something for you... It may benefit your family more then it benefits you LOL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:09 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Anti-depressants should not be a long term solution; they should be a tool to kick-start a process; if you have not been seeing a therapist on a regular basis, you need to start doing so.

You may also want to look at the foods that you are eating. Processed food and chemical additives don't just affect kids; they can affect adults, too. Meat and Dairy can also have a negative affect on energy and moods. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils, and tofu.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I know a chinese herb program for you if you are interested email me.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2009