What do you do when things seem do be going down hill?

I mean these past two days I have not been my self, I have been very short with my kids I am always yelling at them and telling them to sit over to the other side bc mommy is feeling hot (you know body heat makes me even more hotter). I don't feel up to doing much of nothing unless I have to (Like cooking cleaning etc) bc I have to do it but even on my chores I seems to drag my butt. I don't know why I feel this way I am taking antidepressant have been for 6 yrs. and I had never had this problem why all of a sudden? My dh wanted to take us to the movies and I just didn't feel like it I told him to just take the kids and I will stay home he said NO bc this is the way you will start once you don't go you will never go. So they did not go, I felt bad for the kids. Then he says let's all go take a dip in the pool again I said no, he is tripping and says What the the matter with you???? I don't even know.

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Health

• Talk to your Dr. about changing your medication or your dose. These are all classic depression symptoms.

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:07 PM on May. 17, 2009

• what about getting out JUST YOU-- for a quiet lnch and a back message-- like 3 hours just to yourself-- try it-- make yourself go out- if you have a good friend tag them along but if not just go do something for you... It may benefit your family more then it benefits you LOL

Answer by MELRN at 10:09 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Anti-depressants should not be a long term solution; they should be a tool to kick-start a process; if you have not been seeing a therapist on a regular basis, you need to start doing so.

You may also want to look at the foods that you are eating. Processed food and chemical additives don't just affect kids; they can affect adults, too. Meat and Dairy can also have a negative affect on energy and moods. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils, and tofu.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I know a chinese herb program for you if you are interested email me.

Answer by GarlicMom at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2009