Why do we smell so different?

I swear black and white people smell completely different from each other when they don't wear deodorant. I know we all look the same without our skin on, but this has baffled me since I was a child and switched between living with my mom's side of the family (white) and my dad's side of the family (black) and started noticing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• All races have different odors. Asian, white, black, indian it is just one of those things.
    PICKNFLICK

Answer by PICKNFLICK at 1:25 AM on May. 18, 2009

• What the whites smell like cats and dogs and the blacks smell like a strong musty smell?
    Anonymous

• It's a wierd question but I've wondered the same thing. Everyone has different smells I guess.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:09 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Lol...when I used to be in the primary school I used to ask my mom why do white people smell like french fries?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:10 PM on May. 17, 2009

• wow.....
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:51 PM on May. 17, 2009

• its funny-you can always walk into a home-and no INSTANTLY if there mexican-HAHAHA as for black-I think they smell like playdoe, and you NEVER smell a black man wearing cologne-maybe its a mateing ritual-
    Lol
    I have been in the home of many races-however I wish for one day I could be mexican or black or something-I want to know what a white person smell like in a non bias way! lol
    this is great
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I've always assumed it was the hair pomades that black folks use---they don't wash their hair as often as whites, so maybe that is what you're smelling?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 18, 2009