I'm in no way racist!!! But...

I never understood why I never got along with black people. I'm not mean to others, I swear by it. I'm a white girl and I live in an area with plenty of races. But whenever I work with a black person, s/he doesn't like me. It' s mostly black women.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Alot of black women dont like me either. Its usually more so when there are black men around. I have always gotten alot of attention from black men...the ones around here tend to like skinny blonde haired white girls. I was never really interested but the black girls always hated me. Oh well...cant say that its something I care about.
    Anonymous

• Is it black women you don't get along with or black people in general? Maybe you are giving a negative vibe off to them that they don't want to communicate with you.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:14 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Maybe it is your KKK hood?
    Anonymous

• In high school,I never got along with the gay guys trying to act overly girly or the white girls who thought they were african american. Sometimes they just over compensate for what they are not, that they just come off as very pushy or have an aggressive attitude.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:16 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Well I have noticed that we black women tend to have an in-born aggressive/dominant streak a mile wide. You just might be an aggressive/dominant women as well, and those mixes never work regardless of race.
    Anonymous

Well I would never dislike any woman because of intimidation or competition. Hell Im so damn conceited that I automatically think all eyes are on me. No white, or black woman for that matter is going to take away the confidence that I have. If a black man wants her than go for it, your loss...lol
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:27 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I think when you hold a stereotype in your head, you tend to get offended by it no matter what the situation is. And you may not even realize you do it. Perhaps you should ask the women you work with(black and white) what they think. And perhaps you should try to give a black woman a chance. They are really just nice people too.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 10:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You are generalizing...You said, "I never got along with black people." I, too, never got along with some black women, but I also never got along with some white women, and don't even get me started on the asian-american on my block! I'd love to choke her! lol! It's not a race issue with me, just some people and me aren't a great match. But most are. Give them a chance. There are all types of personalities within every race. Keep looking and I'm sure you will find that there **are** some black people that you get along with. You'll find that you actually have alot more in common with them than you ever knew.

About your coworkers, maybe you can start by complimenting them on their clothes or jewelry. Or ask them their opinion on a personal or work-related problem, whether you need it or not.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 10:33 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I think they are aware of how aware u are of how white you are. I am not trying to generalize but the majority of my black female friends can not stand fake people. If u are super white then don't be ashamed just be u. I mean be honest with your self do you find your self not saying things in front of them that u would say in front of your other friends. You know how people always say to picture people naked when u r nervous well picture them white. I am not going to pretend that all races are the same I do not think that. I think that our cultural heritage makes us different. Just like a white girl from Beverly Hills and a white girl from the trailer park would not be on the same page about everything. Dont think of them as black thhink of them as really tan.
    PICKNFLICK

Answer by PICKNFLICK at 1:13 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Oh yeah and don't go kissing their asses trying to be their friends. Doing that with anyone just makes u a target. Just be yourself and if they do not like you then oh well. You cant be friends with everyone.
    PICKNFLICK

Answer by PICKNFLICK at 1:15 AM on May. 18, 2009