I nurse and i noticed my dd's tongue is white, is this thrush or just normal from nursing?

Hayz71101

Asked by Hayz71101 at 10:13 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you try to wipe it off with your finger,or with a wet rag, if it doesn't go away or starts bleeding then it's thrush. if this is the case, then you can go to walgreens and get gentian violet, it stains clothes real bad and will turn his mouth purple temperarily but it works way faster than what the doc will give you. i highly recommend it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• my dd also has a white tongue, my ped. said it was completely normal..thrush is on the cheeks and can be very painful for both mom and baby.
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 10:32 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If that's the ONLY reason for you to suspect thrush, it most likely isn't.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• dd had a white tounge but it was nothing. we have had thrush and it looked absolutely disgusting.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:54 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If you can't whip it off the babies tongue then yes dd may have thrush, If so gentian violet for YOU and BABY for three days and there after dip ANYTHING you put on your boob in vingar because it kills the yeast from re-growing again... But in the past I have had problems when I was nursing my kids and I found if I dip the pacifiers once and night and once during the day also dipping my madela breast pump cups also in vingar, My son and I have been clean frm any signs going on 2 months...
    Hope it's nothing ..
    best wishes
    truckchickie

Answer by truckchickie at 3:32 AM on May. 18, 2009