Would you step aside? *ForPro-choicers*

Someone mentioned this in another post and I found the idea interesting.

Would you step aside and allow abortion to become illegal if it meant giving homosexuals the right to marry?

I know this will not happen (trading one for the other) but the idea is interesting and makes you think.

Which cause is nearer and dearer to your heart?

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 10:17 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:18 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Nope. Gve an inch, they will take a mile.
    Anonymous

• I don't think I could....

Not because I don't think gay marriage should be legalized but because both issues are equally important in my eyes.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:24 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i'm pro-life AND pro-gay rights...
    and the pro-life isn't for religious reasons...
    =(
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:26 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No. I love babies more than anything, and I hate the idea of abortion. However, my fear is relinquishing our rights over our reproductive organs and bodies in a world that is quickly becoming overpopulated. As I've stated before. The same rights that make it legal to have an abortion also make it illegal to be forced into one.

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:31 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I don't get into politics, I don't feel it's my place to protest against someone elses Free Will, I have my beliefs and Jesus said we were to go out and make disciples of people of ALL Nations but he never said we were to force others to do as we believe...... only show those who want to know....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:34 PM on May. 17, 2009

• no I think abortions and gay marriages should be allowed. I'm not going to pick one over another.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Not at all. Exchanging one group's rights for another's still ends with one group without their rights. I don't like abortion, I'm not PRO abortion, but I do believe in a woman's rights to her own body as I believe in one consenting adult's right to marry another consenting adult regardless of gender. My problem with making abortion illegal is how it could possibly be enforced. Tie women down to a hospital bed, force feed them nutrients, and force them to give birth against their will? Or just charge them with murder when they walk out of the abortion clinic? It wouldn't work, and it wouldn't be right.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Well, I'm the one that said that, and as most of you know, I can be a smart ass... lol

How about this??? All the older children who need homes have to be adopted first - I mean, they need it more right?  And adoptive couples don't get to choose what type or age of child they get.  They get the child that needs it most.

Okay, for those who know me, you know I am being sarcastic.

This whole debate has gotten WAY out of hand.  We need to concentrate more on educating our young women on protecting themselves (not just from pregnancy) and our young men in respecting women.  I think that is something we can ALL get behind, don't you???

dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I see the answer you are trying to get, but i am sure you are not going to get it. The people who are pro-life are also generally anti-gay marriage. So, they wouldn't be willing or able, for most of them, to give up one for the other. I am not willing to waver on either of my stances on either point.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:45 PM on May. 17, 2009