contractions???

do they always have to hurt? ive felt my belly tighten but it doesnt hurt it just feels weird.. is that a contraction or what?
im 36w6d.. my fingers are crossed that it is and that means she'll come soon!! :]

USMC_Elisa

Asked by USMC_Elisa at 10:28 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that could be braxton hicks contractions...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:29 PM on May. 17, 2009

• and no that doesnt neccesarily mean babys comeing soon...its your body getting ready for the real deal
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I've been having contractions regularly for a couple days now. They don't hurt, just slightly uncomfortable. I had to have the nurse tell me that's what it was while I was getting monitored in the hospital the other day.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 11:19 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Do your contractions go away if you move around? Are you drinking lots of water? If you lay on your left side do they go away? Do you have any discharge, mucus plug loss? These are all signs of braxton hicks. One girl was having strong contractions, but they were never consistent. I told her many times to lay down and drink plenty of water. She wouldn't and called her doctor, She made her doctor believe she was in premature labor. I finally convinced her to lie down and they went away. She was not very smart and hated being pregnant. Definitely make sure your doctor knows and don't be too bummed if she waits a couple weeks, she'll be here soon enough. Good Luck

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:44 PM on May. 17, 2009