My 16 month old INSISTS on eating the banana PEELS!

Is that okay kind of weird...

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:29 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why do you give it to him/her?
    Anonymous

• make sure they are cleaned well!!! they could have pesticides on them. Hi-Fiber!! doubt it will last long, they are not tasty.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:31 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I dont LET him...he cries for them or grabs them when Im not looking...OR gets them out of the trash when I turn my back for a minute.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:33 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I'd clean them well and let him at it.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:48 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If he's getting them outta the trash, you'll have to out smart him if you don't want him to have them. Put them in a ziploc bag and hide them in the back of the fridge. Throw them away in your outside trash after he's in bed. I don't know if it's bad for him or not, kinda yucky you'd think. Mention it to the doc next time you go to make sure it's ok, like no vitamin deficency or something (one of my brother's had one even tho he was a really good and healthy eater as a toddler). Makes me giggle a bit actually, i had a teacher who would wait til the banana was brown and mushy and eat the WHOLE THING, unpeeled. LOL...so I guess it's probably not bad, just gives me the willies thinking about it tho...hehe.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:55 PM on May. 17, 2009

• tell the dr and hide him from him like the other mom said,
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 10:58 PM on May. 17, 2009

• buy organic while he want's to eat them to avoid pesticides and of course clean them. I agree with the poster who said he will eventually stop because they don't taste good. I bet the first time he got a reaction that he enjoyed. My kids do this. I have to remember to not react with disgust or laugh at something that I don't want them doing. They've put orange juice in their soup and ate every last drop. Dipped some of the oddest things in their milk. All for reactions. They now react to eachother, trying to conqure this nasty habit of their's.
    I don't figure there's any harm in eating the peel. Firbre!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:16 AM on May. 18, 2009