isn't it awkward?

me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time. it was really dark in the room but when my eyes got adjusted i could just barely see his face. it just kind of creeped me out because i was getting into it and everytime i looked at him he was just staring at me, showing no emotion at all. im kind of not even looking forward to having sex without the lights off now, haha. maybe im just feeling weird because it was our first time. has anyone ever felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• The first time with someone is usually awkward. I've noticed that most guys don't really make facial expressions when they have sex. And when they do, it's pretty funny. I'm sure he was concentrating on not cumming.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:34 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My dh is like that. No emotion on his face, no moaning. He says he enjoys it but just isn't to expressing it out loud. After 11 yrs he's still after me so obviously he likes it, lol.
    Anonymous

• most men try to think of nonsexual things (like cars) while their doing it, so they can last longer for you. they don't want you to make of them with your friends for being a minute man. lol
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:46 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I must say that my first time with my fiance was one of our best. I am sorry that you had this awkward experience, and hope that it gets better. I think that open communication about sex is incredibly important - because if you continue to go on silently unsatisfied, it will never get better. Sex is something that should totally be interactive - it shouldn't involve 2 people separately, if that makes any sense. It's a give and take thing, back and forth. Maybe you could playfully talk to your boyfriend about things that you like and see if he is open to doing those things. That way he is not focused on whatever he was focused on the first time!
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 10:57 PM on May. 17, 2009

• some guys get turned on just by watching us get off or pleasured... do it with the lights on next time he might enjoy it even more and you might be more comfortable
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:05 PM on May. 17, 2009

• mine wouldn't show emotion or signs of pleasure for anything. He's hard core military and thinks he shouldn't let anyone see him enjoy anything but I'm guessing since he's come back a zillion times in the past 3 yrs that he's enjoying himself. I doubt if he'd put up with my crap without enjoying something! I never turn the lights on, even in the day when he's here. The older I get the more I like the dark!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I don't care what his face looks like when we're getting busy. I'm on that train to funky town and just wanting to get off...LOLMAO
    Anonymous

• I would think having sex with anyone that I'm not married to would be awkward. How do you do the most intimate and sacred act with someone that has not made a commitment to you nor you to him? ... that just boggles my mind how people can just sleep around with anyone...  I'm seriously curious... are you not embarrassed afterward or does it just seem normal?? I am honestly not being smart or bashing, I'm really trying to understand having sex with someone you may or may not even be with next week, then you get another boyfriend and you do it with him too?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 18, 2009