How do I get rid of this extra fat?

I had an emergency c-section; it was my first I didn't take adapting to the soreness too well until about 2 weeks ago I feel ready to start getting rid of my fat, I have kept on my diet and am down to my weight I was at when I first found out I was expecting; is there anything as far as certain exercises I can do to get rid of this tummy I still have; I have tried my old routines but I forget to keep in mind I can open my incision up again; I am disgusted with how I look someone anyone please give me advice... thanks soo much!

lilmoma0127

Asked by lilmoma0127 at 10:31 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• First dont do things too soon, the external incision may look fine but the internal incision is much much more fragile. I know it is hard to deal with what the c-section left but you have to take care of yourself first, and your baby too. When you go back for your 6 week checkup ask your doctor when they want you to begin the heavy excercising that will tone the muscles back up. Take it easy and try to be patient, it will come in time.
    Take care
    snowbaby99brk

Answer by snowbaby99brk at 10:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Don't rush into it, c-section is a major surgery that cuts many stomach muscles and it's going to take time for all that to heal before you are ready to strengthen it. As said before wait at least til your 6 wk checkup with your Dr. before doing any heavy exercising! I think it's great that you are already back to the weight you were when you found out you were pg.!! Congrats to you on that!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:38 PM on May. 17, 2009