trust issues :(

i've had really bad experiences with past relationships. and that left me very insecure, and my ability to trust someone is barely existent. im in an amazing relationship now though, he's the best guy i've ever met.. but im still having these trust issues. it seems like whenever im not with him i want to keep asking him what he's doing and who he's with but i don't want to seem like a bitch, so i don't. i know in my heart that he would never hurt me but im ALWAYS thinking 'what if?' how can i get over my trust issues? i hate feeling like this ughh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe you could get counseling, or honestly discuss the issue with your man. honesty and trust are key to a successful relationship.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:43 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Believe in yourself. Believe that someone can actually love you for who you are. Every time you don't trust him (when he's proving he's honorable) then you are spitting in his face. He deserves to be treated better than that. He chose you now respect his choice and honor his decision to be with you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Just try to remember that he isn't the one who hurt you before, so he deserves a chance. Trust him until he gives you a reason not to trust him.
    Anonymous

• the best advice is talk to him about how you are feeling, that way he understands where you are coming from, tell him its gonna take a long time and that you dont mean anything by it but you are very insecure and afraid to trust cause you dont want to get hurt
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:02 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Go see a counselor and find out why you were attracted to the cheaters and what has changed. Some people have the exact same relationship over and over again just with different people, others go the complete opposite way.
    haston

Answer by haston at 11:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I am in the same situation as you are... I don't trust any man... basically because of men I've associated myself with in the past. I'm not in a relationship and vowed not to be until I worked on myself, including trust issues, spiritually, emotionally. It's been about a year since I've been involved with anyone but its definately helping me. You have to make yourself capable of love before you fall into it. Otherwise, the same issues will always appear at some point. I know you are in a relationship, but maybe you should talk to someone to help relieve your insecurities.
    Anonymous