• In the Spotlight:

Women that got pregnant while breastfeeding...

Since you don't have a period how did you know you were pregnant? When I got pregnant, the only sign I had was a missed period, so if I got pregnant now, I wouldn't even know.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 10:41 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Blood test would be the only way. Even OTC tests would have mixed results cause of your hormones. Just try to be VERY careful!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:49 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I DID have periods while breastfeeding and got pregnant when my daughter was 3 months old!! As a matter of fact, I had periods while breastfeeding and for the first THREE months of the second pregnancy!! YIKES!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:54 PM on May. 17, 2009

• The reality is that MOST women get at least one period before getting pregnant (not 100%, but most). The younger the baby, the more likely that you will get a "warning menses" before you are actually fertile.
    If you are exclusively BFding on demand, baby is NOT sleeping through the night, baby is less than 6 mos old and you have not had a period yet then your chance of getting PG is less than 2%.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:54 PM on May. 17, 2009

• you dont have your period if you breast feed?
    Anonymous

• The main thing that tipped me off was that my daughter started to get real fussy and was not her normal cheerful self at 8mo of age. When I took her into the Ped office her weight had not increased much from her last visit. My milk production had slowly declined and she wasn't getting quite enough to fill her up. I went into my obgyn office for prego test and sure enough that was the cause to my slowing milk production.
    Nikki00E

Answer by Nikki00E at 12:39 AM on May. 18, 2009