are little white lies acceptable?

do you make it a big deal if your SO tells you a little white lie? or do you shrug it off?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 10:47 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Little White Lies add up and become bigger lies...So I make a big deal about any lie, and I do not expect to be told lies, period!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:51 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i guess it would depend on what the lie was about in the first place..if it was about talking to another woman or something than i wouldn't be able to shrug it off b/c i'd wonder why he felt the need to lie. but if it was something other than that than i'd probably just shrug it off after calling him out on it, i'm not the type who can keep quiet when i know the truth about something someone has told me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I dont find there to be any reason to lie whether it be a white lie or way big one, that just leads to problems... now if its a lie like "do i look fat?" and you dont want to hurt their feelings than maybe yes but other than that NO
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:04 PM on May. 17, 2009

• my SO lies like a rug! If his mouth is open then he's lying. I just see past his bs by now.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 PM on May. 17, 2009

• A lie is a lie, little or big, and is not acceptable in my house. I can not stand liars.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:14 PM on May. 17, 2009