Ive tried all the conventional ways...

Does anyone have any old wive tales ways of starting labor? Ive tried all the conventional ways...like nipple stimulation...walking...sex...acupressure.. are there any safe other thingd I can try..im past my due date and if the baby doesnt come soon theyre going to induce me and I dont want that. IDC what it is as long as its safe for me and baby. Like any foods that are supposed to help..or ANYTHING. It doesnt have to be something proven to help just something youve heard...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She just wanted fun things to try. I hate when people say there's nothing you can do. Honey there ARE tons of things that you can try! And many things will help if your body just so happens to be starting the beginnings of labor (which sometimes you won't even know).

The night before my water broke I had extremely spicy sushi that was semi-cooked. He was two weeks early too it was weird. Plus walking is of course good for you so keep at it! Every day, every night! Walk fast and for about an hour at a time (more if you can). Cleaning also helps and gets everything ready for baby :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:10 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Your body will not go into labor until it's ready. It doesn't matter what you do.
    Anonymous

• You can try castrol oil but sometimes it doesn't always work it just gives you the poops......
    Anonymous

• you can find it over there in the gas medicine section sorry didn't know how to spell the name of the stuff but its not oil that goes in ur car like its spelled lol
    Anonymous

• dont do castol oil its not SAfe dont listen to anon
    plz dont you could have problems and baby.ive heard bad things about ti
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 11:10 PM on May. 17, 2009

• the only reason castor oil does is clean out your system... contracting your bowels, and stomach. Sometimes it'll make your uterus contract too... I've heard it works. I'm going to try it next week if this baby doesn't come.

I've also been told to take evening primrose oil. It helps to soften the cervix and make it easier to dilate. Idk if it's working, but I'm definately starting to feel contractions more often than two a day. lol.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 11:16 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I looked on the internet for hours after I went over with my third. I was tired and wanted her here. I saw some sites talking about pressure point on your hand that you cna press. You have to look it up and be diligent about keeping it up. I just got annoyed with it. There are millions of things you can try to get you to go into labor, but the only that works 100% of the time is mother nature. Just be patient, keep yourself busy and the baby will be here before you know it. Good Luck.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:24 PM on May. 17, 2009