Ive tried all the conventional ways....

Does anyone have any old wive tales ways of starting labor? Ive tried all the conventional ways...like nipple stimulation...walking...sex...acupressure.. are there any safe other thingd I can try..im past my due date and if the baby doesnt come soon theyre going to induce me and I dont want that. IDC what it is as long as its safe for me and baby. Like any foods that are supposed to help..or ANYTHING. It doesnt have to be something proven to help just something youve heard...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Health

• I heard that chamomile tea helps start contractions and labor, i've never tried it but i guess it's worth it to try. I can't think of anything else besides that. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:23 PM on May. 17, 2009

• well, the docs can't force you to do anything. if they want to schedule an induction, don't show up. you do have a choice!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:53 PM on May. 17, 2009

• OP here...if I dont go into labor soon by myself and they dont induce me its dangerous for me and the baby...id rather they induce me then have SERIOUS problems...but id rather go into labor myself then be induced...know what I mean?
    Anonymous

• You can try spicy food or fresh pineapple, niether of which worked for me. I went into labor 6 days after my due date and still needed pitocin! Good luck!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:38 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Raspberry leaf tea can affect the uterus; drink a lot and good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My niece used chamomile tea, recommended by her midwife who was delivering her at home. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:32 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I have a web site that you can get some rasperry capsules from and another thing called 5w for people who are close to labor. Email me for the web site.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 2:27 PM on May. 18, 2009