Any recommendations for a Greek Tour?

I am wanting to go to Greece and take a guided Tour. Can anyone give me a recommendation. Any tips and insights would also be appreciated.

haston

Asked by haston at 10:59 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Travel

• I would suggest that you make sure to see the Island of Lesbos. Which is just across the sea from Turkey. If you take a cruise of anything like that, I would make sure to check out Turkey as well.
    Anonymous

• I agree about adding Turkey. You can take a boat from Samos to Kusadasi, Turkey. I wouldn't do a guided tour, you can hand pick islands, ferry or fly to them and then get a local tour if history is what you're looking for. It depends on your age and budget. Many companies offer tours, Contiki, Abercrombie and Kent, Trafalgar, there are so many you can walk into any travel agency and ask. They are pricey but do cover in a package, museum fees, transfers, air travel, boat travel, hotels. They arrange it all and that is what you're paying for but having been a travel agent and gone to Greece several times, I would just say go to the Cyclades and spend the bulk of your time on Santorini and call it good for a first visit, you won't be disappointed. Small islands offer great hospitality and a close up view of the real culture. Many parts of Greece are wonderful, dpends on your interest.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:06 PM on May. 19, 2009