nasty man touching me!!!help!!

im in massage therapy school and sooner or later im goin to have to be partners w/ a older man who does not take care of himself cracked feet cuts its just gross but thats not even the bad part i dont mind giving him a massage(ill just skip over open areas) but i hate the fact that he has to give me a massage i wont even have a male dr so why would i want a male massage therapist its just bothers me but my teacher says we have to change partners everyday! do i seriously HAVE to went im so anti-man(lol)????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• girl stand your ground. no one has a right to touch you if you don't want them to!!!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If you are uncomfortable, then the teacher should respect that. If I were doing it, I would refuse a man, because I am married and out of respect for my husband, I would not allow a man to give me a massage. I would sit down with the teacher privately and explain your discomfort. DON'T bring up the hygiene issues, but I Would bring up the fact that you are even uncomfortable with male MD. See what she says.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:09 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i kinda agree with first responder. And shouldn't every one be wearing gloves at least at this point o learning? I'm surprised it's not same sex massages in school and book learning opposite sex. have you called other massage schools to see what they do? Are you afraid cuz he's nasty looking or additionally is he sexually harassing you? Maybe no other women or few want to do opposite sex massages? But any way what would you do once employed if such a male came to you, or would you only give women massages? Hope you can feel comfortable there or elsewhere!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• to the person above like i said i dont mind giving men massages at all even if they have poor hygine its him giving me one that bothers me. i dont even like male drs i would never go to a male massage theapist!!I have already had to have one other male in class give me a massage but he didnt have bad hygine and he didnt creep me out id prefer to only be partners w/ women . and no you dont use gloves you use liquid bandaide but his cuts are not on his hands anyway..its just the fact an old yucky man is touching me while im laying on a table in my underwear :(
    Anonymous

• don't think of him as a man, think of him as a student. I had a massage by a man recently. I didn't really want one but had to have one for physical therapy and he was amazing.The women have such a soft touch and he really got in there and worked out the knots the first time. Just judge his skills, not his cracked and open body parts!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I would never let anyone touch me if I didn't want them to. Don't let him. Some men get perverse thrills with stuff like that. ick
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 11:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I see it this way

Your paying for school... you have the right to stand your ground
    I bet at any given time or day if your teacher had to do something they didst want they wouldn't!

goodluck
    lilmoma0127

Answer by lilmoma0127 at 12:23 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Life is way too short to allow things that you can change to bother you, there are enough things you can't control to deal with. The fact that you are willing to work on males but not comfortable being massaged by one should be all the instructor needs to hear. Please speak your mind and I agree, don't bring up the hygiene issue. No means no.
    ultimate2010

Answer by ultimate2010 at 8:40 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't mean to giggle, but it sounds like massage therapy is not the right fit for a career for you. You are going to constantly come up on people with all kinds of maladies that are going to make you feel uncomfortable. And while you will be the one touching, theres so much in what you are saying that makes me think you get the willy's too often. No prob. b.c I do too! I love to touch my family and be touched, but I can't stand for a stranger to be in my personal space. LOL Maybe reconsider and change classes? :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:44 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Talk to the teacher. She should not be taking this man's money for his tuition without talking to him about the importance of hygiene to his career. Basically, why is the teacher training him to do a job he will fail at? How many clients is he going to have if he is that gross? It is extremely unethical of the teacher to pretend that his hygiene won't affect his success in the business. Therefore she is just stealing his money by not saying something.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 18, 2009