Bottle Nipples Help

Okay so I had my baby 3/27/09 he was on a regular nipple at the NICU well they changed it because they had found it hard for him to drink right plus him having bigg lips its better from him. So it went from standard to the NUK well I was okay with it.

I didn't realize was that the NUK nipple is no longer available like at HEB or WalMArt unless you go with the NUK Orthodontics but if you look at the NUK regular nipples and the Orthodontics one they are very different!

I have tried every nipple I can get my hands on and he hates them all its soo hard for me I am wasting money on buying things he is not taking well! right now I have him on the Dr. Brown nipples he hates them as well but now to my question

What type of Nipples do your lil ones take well?
How can I get him to take a nipple he does not like?

lilmoma0127

Asked by lilmoma0127 at 11:32 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine takes the Avent nipples well. Have you tried other brands other than NUK or Dr. Brown's? Maybe you can order the NUK nipples online?
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 11:37 PM on May. 17, 2009

• We use Playtex, ventaire nipples, work great! But all babies are different. I agree with the PP, try online, you can find most anything on there. Also check at the stores in your area if they could order them special for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You may be able to get some from the hospital were you son was born mine daughter was at a children;s hospital and she would only use the premie nipples the whole time she took the bottle and everytime we would go to clinc they would give us a handful of nipples because that was all she liked
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:28 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My son was born 3/27/09 too! He's only ever used Avent brand nipples, bottles and pacifiers. He also hasn't had much colic with them.
    alynncole

Answer by alynncole at 1:05 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Fred Meyers carries the nuk brand if there is not one near you also online babies r us does carry them as both my kids are on the regular nuk nipples and pacifiers and still like them...

truckchickie

Answer by truckchickie at 3:25 AM on May. 18, 2009