Acai Berry?

Has anyone tried the Acai Berry pills? Please tell me your experience with them. Do they assist you in losing weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• The guy at GNC said you would have to take about 20 boxes of pills to equal the drink. He says pills are nothing. However, You do know that this alone is just a health drink, not a weight loss drink don't you? It's all hype. You still have to diet to lose weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 18, 2009

• i have heard nothing but negative things about this. i have never tried it but i have not heard anything good about it
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:46 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I tried the juice and would have paid alot of money for it only I'm skeptical, but my daughter and her hubby decided to become distributors. They swore that it would take care of hot flashes, and a myriad of other ills. I went thru 3 bottles over time and I literally saw no change whatsoever with particular issues that I had, much less assisting me with weight loss.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:29 AM on May. 18, 2009