Bassinets ?

Do I really need one, I have a crib is that enough ?

I am 33 wks. =)

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 11:47 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can do whatever you are comfortable with. Not everyone gets a bassinet. However I am 28 weeks and I will be getting a bassinet just because I am a worry wart and want my baby right next to my bed for a few weeks until my anxiety about certain things goes away. That is just me though. If you have no issue with your baby sleeping in a crib than go for it! Do whatever you want to!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• A pack and play can be very handy...I would say that it is a must have...At least in my house it was.
    lovmore

Answer by lovmore at 11:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• im going to get one. because i'm going to breastfeed, i want my baby close to my bed for the first few months. it's not required that you have one though.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• hmm idontknow..i plan on breastfeeding too..but I don't know if my breast will allow it. They are just not " filling" out and it's makingme think i have no milk..lol
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 11:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i didn't bother with a bassinet the second time around. this baby is cosleeping with me until he's done breastfeeding at night, and then will be in a crib near my bed
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I bought a bassinet....needless to say my little girl is co-sleeping with me. So each to their own.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• you will want your baby close to you at night , it is worth the investment.
    Anonymous

• Truthfully, I found it totally useless. If you have the space save yourself the money and set-up the crib in your room for the 1st year. If you don't have the space a pack in play next to the bed will do the trick plus it will come in handy for traveling.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my second 28 weeks and we will be doing the same as we did with my daughter, just put the pack n play nest to our bed. It is just as good as a bassinet and you can use it longer.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:43 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I live in a reallllly tiny place, so the crib is in our room, but if it wasn't I would probably use the pack n play as a bassinet. It's more practical in my eyes, unless you are super rich and can just spend a ton of money on all of the stuff, then go for it. lol
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:38 AM on May. 18, 2009