My Husband admitted...

finally to me that in the beginning the only reason why he married me was because I got pregnant, to which he seemed VERY EXCITED about. He said that he "fell in love" with me almost a year after we got married. This was 5 years ago, should I be pissed?! (dont worry I am calling a marriage coun. first thing in the morning) I dont want someone who settled for me! I have a right to be pissed right? even though its been 5 years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• i would be upset, but his love for you has grown. you can't take back the past, can only change the future. as long as your relationship NOW is great and you're both still in love with each other, then there's nothing that can be done.

i can totally see why you're upset, but i don't think you should let it consume you
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:12 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You have a man that admitted to you that his obligations were first and foremost to him. He considers his child and his childs mother his obligation. To me that says he is a man with morals. You don't find many of those these days! He also admitted that he fell in LOVE with you! So he has morals, decency, values and a big, big heart too! Wow! I wouldn't be mad, I'd be thrilled :) Throw your arms around him and tell him you love him too. Tell him you admire him for putting his child above all else and for loving you. Join our group to learn more about being the Lady he loves to come home to!

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:14 AM on May. 18, 2009

• OP - I should add that he has a child from a relationship before me, and he felt like she left b/c she said she did not feel love. This is what bothers me, he lead me to believe that he was "in love" with me from the start (when things got serious) We dated, got pregnant, engaged and married all with in a year. I really am in shock and I believe the only reason he married me was b/c he felt like he had to. I feel like its a marriage based on lies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I feel where you're coming from...I can respect his honesty but man it still hurts to know that he married you out of obliglation and not for the fact of loving you and wanting to spend the rest of his life with you...You have every right to be upset...maybe once you release the anger, the two of you can continue with your marriage...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:15 PM on May. 18, 2009