hospital list of things to bring when going into labor !?!

Just getting an idea, I'm a first time mom and going thru this alone.
What do you other mothers suggest as definite necesities to bring when going into labor ?
What should I bring for baby ?
And for myself ?

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 12:12 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do you have a doula? or some support people to go with you??
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:15 AM on May. 18, 2009

• FOOD! pudding and applesauce are good labor foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 18, 2009

• what is a doula. and I plan on catchin the bus to get there. i dont think people will be there.
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 12:22 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Your own pads, a boppy for feedings, slippers, some comfy clothes, clothes for the baby, books magazines ect., sampoos soaps tooth brush all that kind of stuff, a hair brush...sounds dumb but I forgot mine
    that is all I can think of at the moment I hope that helps
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:24 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Ipod and Earphones!! music always calms me no matter what!! Im so sorry you have to go through this alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 18, 2009

• oh i am fine going at it alone. i feel like it's bringing me and my child really close bc we only have each other. Being pregnant show's your strengths for sure.
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 12:29 AM on May. 18, 2009

• for the baby: car seat, boppy pillow for breastfeeding, something to wear home, baby blanket
    for you: extra clothes, pajamas, slippers, toiletries, snacks, camera
    to have on hand for you at home: some motrin and some ice packs for your pain and some extra long, overnight maxi pads for the bleeding
    our hospital provided a stash of newborn diapers and cotton wipes, so I didn't need to bring those.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 12:32 AM on May. 18, 2009

• commfy BIG clothes just incase of csection-
    Think Camping-what would you bring-even a vacaton Lol
    Ipod or books or what not (SNACKS) because they wont feed you until you pop that kid out-so I ate behind there backs-(i was in labor for 18 hours and needed food lol)
    Socks tooth brush hair brush PADS DONT FORGET!!!! (theres suck)
    if you do forget anything though except your clothes which i assume you wont-they will have it-
    for baby-first outfit (might want to bring 3 one of each size-he might be bigger or smaller then you thought) car seat for bus ride home- blanket (you dont need a boopy seat, waist of money for mothers that dont like to hold there infant) you have two arms hold him when you feed him, its a good habbit to get into as proping the bottle leads to SIDS- and is just LAZY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2009

• baby book for footprints!!!!
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 12:49 AM on May. 18, 2009

• camera!!
    an extra pillow i had a c-section and it hurts to lay on your side or even laugh afterwards w/o something pressed against your stomach and the hospital pillows are so thin so i am def bringing a pillow this time around. makeup for pics, if you want baby to have a paci check to see if hospitals provide them, some don't so you may need to bring your own (or you may want to either way the hospital i had my daughter in provided them however they only provided latex and all i had at home was plastic and when we lost that one we were screwed b/c she wouldn't take the plastic and the latex was hard to find in an 0-6 month "size" took me 11 stores to find one)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:16 AM on May. 18, 2009