is this a healthy snack?

whole grain crackers and cheddar cheese.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 12:22 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes. Be careful of too much full fat dairy, though. But every once in a while its alright :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:23 AM on May. 18, 2009

• honestly, cheese isnt that healthy. whole grain crackers are good in small amounts. i would have to see the ingredients to really have an opinions
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Cheese is considered a "binder" in the colon. I dearly love cheese, but even when its part of a special short term diet, I eventually eliminate it b/c it has alot of fat cals, but mainly b/c it creates a sludge in the colon and I like to help my belly become flat. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:48 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Vegetables with hummus would be a better choice.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I love cheddar cheese too, but it is high in calories and fat. I buy only the cheese made with 2% milk instead of whole, and that helps, but I also limit myself to just a couple of slices every now and then.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:46 AM on May. 19, 2009