do you wait til later?

if you and you're SO are hanging out with friends together and he does something to piss you off, do you bring it up then.. or wait until you're alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Wait til you're alone. It is sooo awkward to be around a couple having a spat in front of you! It stops everyone else's evening and puts your "ego" so to speak, above the person's sense of dignity. Sometimes they might piss you off unknowingly, in which case, better to let him have it at home and clear the air than to make both of you look like live wires in front of friends/family. I always feel like it shows no respect or class when I see someone berate their SO in front of others. It seems too Jerry Springer for me, at least :)
    treehugginmama

Answer by treehugginmama at 12:29 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Agreed. This has happened to me before. Earlier in our relationship, my hubby would become impatient with me for some reason or another and would let me know in front of other people. This upset and angered me, but being the non-confrontational person that I am, I feigned ignorance, acted like it didn't hurt me, and brushed it off. When it was just the two of us, however, I told him exactly what happened and how it made me feel. He vowed to work on it, not knowing the effect that it had on me (and my family, worried for my freedom and dignity). Since then, he has drastically improved, but it's only because he cared enough to work on it.
    alynncole

Answer by alynncole at 1:41 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Wait til later. Dh and I used to hang out with my friend and her husband a lot and he was always correcting and scolding her in front of us. It was really uncomfortable.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 5:11 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Definitely wait. It's the worst to be with a couple and then they start arguing right in front of you. Ruins everyones night. But as soon as you get in the car or walk thru the door , it will be on and popping. LOL
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:13 AM on May. 18, 2009