• In the Spotlight:

AHHHHH!!!! Another earthquake!

I don't know about you but I am in So. Cal and this is the 2nd in 2 weeks. This one felt as if my house sunk 4" and then came back up and I thought my cat had jumped on my chair. I looked around to see if it was just me but the chains on my ceiling fan/light were swinging and then the shaking came.......I nearly had a heart attack. Do you ever get tired of mother nature scaring the crap out of you?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:28 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I get tired of it. I am in Kansas City and there was this really bad thunderstorm driving on my way home from my friend's house. There was a cloud out of our direction that looked like this image pasted.

http://www.horsburgh.com/images/wallcloud.jpg

By they way, I got that image off of a website. This isn't the cloud I saw but it looked a lot like it. I about shit when I saw it though. I love spring and summer but everytime we have bad storms, I get paranoid of damaging wind and tornadoes. Yikes!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:11 AM on May. 18, 2009

• where are you?? I missed it~
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 12:33 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I am in the san Gabriel Valley, it was a 5.0 centered in Los Angeles.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• They just downgraded to a 4.7. and 3.0 aftershocks.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:09 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I moved away from California 30 years ago---we just have volcanoes to deal with now!
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 3:07 AM on May. 18, 2009

• We had an earthquake here in Texas not to long ago that rattled my windows. It was at about 11pm and I woke up because the window rattling was so loud. Then I found out it was an earthquake and I thought what? that can't be right here? in Texas? We never get earthquakes.

There was one in Euless last night too. It was 3 miles underground they say. I am starting to ge very worried. Are we going to start having earthquakes now?
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:37 AM on May. 18, 2009