Does your baby have a birth mark?

I googled "port wine stains" because of Dresden's birth marks and it came up with all these poor babies with awful birth marks/​deformities.​ How can a person have to deal with that as soon as their born? What did they do? It makes me so sad and I guess since I'm Dresden's mom I hardly ever think or notice his birth mark but now that I've finally decided to stop ignoring it and learning more about it, I'm scared. :[ I don't want people to be mean to my little man. I never knew that it actually gets a thicker texture as he gets older and larger as well. They only told me that it gets darker. I feel like I did something wrong while pregnant and wish they knew what caused it so I could not do it this time. Oh and the laser treatment done to fix it is not only expensive and painful, but done without any pain meds :[ I feel like balling just thinking about my son's face at four years old getting put through that kind of pain.

ours

Asked by ours at 12:32 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son has 2 birth marks, one is on his head and it looks like a scar on the top of his head,...lol and he sports a hawk and the hawk covers it up but even if his head was shaved you couldnt really notice and if you did you would just think it was a scar from like a rock or something like that. the 2nd one is very light bright about the size of a quarter if not smaller a couple of inches from left from his belly button and half the time i forget it's even there. he gets so tan it ends up blending in. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I have a HUGE birth mark on my booty-it looks like I have smeared poopy on my booty-I used to get made fun of all the time-but it made me be respectful and loving to people because I new how it felt to be made fun of over something I couldnt control-Im glad Im diff-It made me a good compasionate person-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on May. 18, 2009

• my son has a birth mark on his head and neck. if it does get bigger, then i won't think anything bad about it. i'll just leave it up to him if he wants it removed.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:01 AM on May. 18, 2009