Does your baby have a birth mark? Posted in pregnancy

I googled "port wine stains" because of Dresden's birth marks and it came up with all these poor babies with awful birth marks/​deformities.​ How can a person have to deal with that as soon as their born? What did they do? It makes me so sad and I guess since I'm Dresden's mom I hardly ever think or notice his birth mark but now that I've finally decided to stop ignoring it and learning more about it, I'm scared. :[ I don't want people to be mean to my little man. I never knew that it actually gets a thicker texture as he gets older and larger as well. They only told me that it gets darker. I feel like I did something wrong while pregnant and wish they knew what caused it so I could not do it this time. Oh and the laser treatment done to fix it is not only expensive and painful, but done without any pain meds :[ I feel like balling just thinking about my son's face at four years old getting put through that kind of pain.

ours

Asked by ours at 12:33 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talon has one on the back of his neck at the base of his hairline, just like daddy
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:34 AM on May. 18, 2009

• At least that can be hidden. :/ My son's is like a five o' clock shadow and is on his chest as well.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• no one in my family had a birthmark but my son was born with a red one that is on the top of his foot, up his leg, and into his crotch area. my pediatrician actually thought he had a diaper rash but a dermatologist instantly knew it was just part of the mark. i think its really cute and unique. when he was born i kinda wondered what i did that made it that way but theres nothign wrong with him and i think its cute. i know a woman who is 46 and has a dark red arm and hand and she said she was made fun of for having a red arm when growing up but its no big deal now. my son also has a dark red birthmark on the back of his head. the doctors told me it will fade as he gets older. i dont know the official name for the red birthmarks, but they are light. my mom says it looks like i spilled kool aid on my baby lol
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 2:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• oh yeah and its nothing we did wrong when we were pregnant, it just happens. it all has to do with the way the cells formed and how close the blood vessels are to the skin. its nothign u can prevent so dont feel bad
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 2:04 AM on May. 18, 2009

• both my boys have strok bites in the same spots in the back of there head. Its normal
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:21 AM on May. 18, 2009

• my baby has a small lil brown birthmark on her upper arm
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:05 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My daughter has a light brown spot on the left side of her stomach. It is very small. I have the same one in the same spot. It's weird.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:23 AM on May. 18, 2009

• my daughter has the stork bite on the back of her neck.
    I have a purple one on my leg, and a brown one on my other leg that looks like a lobster.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:10 AM on May. 18, 2009

• do u know the old story of birth marks? they said that where ever ur birthmark was is where you died/killed in a past life and if you didnt have a birth mark you died a natural death.. interesting lil story for the day lol
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:49 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My son has a stork bite on his forehead and the back of his neck.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:53 AM on May. 18, 2009