What do you remember most about your Mom/Dad who has passed away?

What is your greatest memory with him/her?

Mine is when my Daddy taught me how to dance by letting me step up onto his feet. He taught me how to waltz, and a couple of other dances. I still remember how to dance like that. I miss my Dad terribly. He has been gone over 12 years now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I remember my moms laugh. She loved life and loved to laugh. She's been gone 5 1/2 years.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:43 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My dad was so beautiful in a silly, clumsy, funny kind of way. He passed away 15 years ago and I still miss him so much it hurts. I dream about him often though, so it kind of feels as if I have little visits with him.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:58 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I miss the way that I fit just perfect into my fathers arms. He could wrap his arms around me and I would feel safe and secure. I lost my father 2 and a half years ago. I don't get as many visits with my father as i would like... but I figure if hes not with me he is keeping my mother (who is still with us), safe and secure....
    TripleHnLilG

Answer by TripleHnLilG at 1:16 AM on May. 18, 2009

• my mom passed almost 2 years ago. there are so many things that i miss about her. her laugh, her smell, her cooking (lol:) just seeing her. but i think what i miss the most is laying in bed next to her. i was 26 when she passed and i would still get in bed with her and take naps. i love my momma so much. and i miss her everyday.
    teddybear2272

Answer by teddybear2272 at 1:32 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My mom was a truly amazing person. She had more talent in her little finger than most people have in their whole body! She was an artist in so many senses of the word.

And Dad utterly adored her. But I also remember that Dad was probably the most generous soul I've ever known. If you needed something, he'd do everything he could to make sure you had it.

Dad died in 2005 and Mom in 2007.. I miss them every day.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 AM on May. 18, 2009

• my mom was an awesome cook. But I miss everything. Her smile, our Sunday afternoon talks. Yes to this day I can not talk to anyone on the phone on Sunday. That was our time. I miss that my youngest will never really know her. She passed away before she turned two. And mom would really get a kick out of this one.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:26 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Well shes not my birth mom but she played the role when my parents split. My stepmom has been gone for about 7 months now. She passed from cancer at only 42. I miss how me and her would talk on the phone all day after i moved out of state. But when i was back home we used to do a bunch of crafts togeather. Sewing, Making flower arangments and we would have cake decorating contests. I miss her so much and i wish that she was going to be here to see my first little one.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:05 AM on May. 18, 2009

• MY dads smile. by far! He had the most beautiful smile I have EVER seen! He passed away on
    4-7-01.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My father adopted me when I was born but he was the best father in the world.He used to take me to school and always was there the first day of school,the voluterring at school,braiding my hair,going to all my events at school,defending me when i was bullied,He was a better parent then my mother.He passed away nine years ago.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 9:58 AM on May. 18, 2009

• This is kind of a silly answer, but I miss kissing my mom and smelling the Original Chap stick smell on her lips. Ya know the ol school black tube w/white lid:) Everytime I smell it it reminds me of her. She past when I was 19...I am now 32 and use the stupid Chap stick every night before bed...puts a smile on my face and stays on all night:) Silly memory, but seriously true.
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 10:55 PM on May. 18, 2009