Are these names for my boys too similar? Help!

I have a two and a half year old son and another son due in September. My son's name is:

Jolson James

The "Jolson" is my husbands name and he wanted it carried on, he goes by "Jol." I wasn't crazy about it, but its grown on me due to my little guy. The "James" is for my two grandfathers, and my husbands favorite grandfather. So with "Jolson James" we've honored Daddy and three great grandpas.

For our son-to-be we are considering: Braxton Lee or Holden Blake

So we will have either: Jolson James and Braxton Lee or

Jolson James and Holden Blake

Which do you like more? Which is more complementary with Jolson James, Holden or Braxton? Do you think the names Jolson and Holden are too similar to be names for brothers?

JolnCourtney

Asked by JolnCourtney at 12:37 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i like Braxton personal but either is fine but how would you pronounce holden, would that be confusing? I am not trying to be ugly I was just wondering.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:40 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I ♥ the name Braxton Lee... I think it sounds great :)

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:42 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I love the name Braxton that was on my list when I was a teen
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:44 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Holden is pronounced pretty much the way it is spelled. "Hole-din." I don't think you are being mean! I asked for opinions and everyone has their own. :)
    JolnCourtney

Answer by JolnCourtney at 12:44 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I personally don't like either one. Just remember it is up to you & your husband & no one else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Both names are really dumb!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I like Braxton Lee.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:06 AM on May. 18, 2009

• How are the two names similar? There is too much thought going into this and the names are not very appealing. Braxton reminds me of Braxton-Hicks and it is not a very nice name. Imagine someone yelling out his name? It depends on where you live I suppose because that would be measures for teasing here in Detroit. I really do not like the names at all. They are too ...... I don't know, ugly?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 18, 2009

• braxton is awesome
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:49 AM on May. 18, 2009

• While I personally don't care for either name, between those two I would go with Braxton.

Jolson and Holden are too close for me. I grew up with a cousin (to whom I was pretty close) and we have rhyming names...and for siblings to have to deal with it would be horrible I think. Braxton is close, too...but the "a-x-t" give it a bit more of a different sound.

It's bad enough my brother and I ended up giving our sons very similar names...Ian and Liam. I didn't think it through or I would have chosen a different name for my son.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:52 AM on May. 18, 2009