• In the Spotlight:

Do you wish you had been aborted?

I saw this in another post. This lady was pro-choice and was mad at someone for saying that adoption would be a better choice for a baby than abortion. She was upset and said she had been adopted and had a horrible life growing up. She basically said she would rather her biological mother had aborted her. I felt bad for her, but at the same time thought her reasoning that abortion is better than adoption was odd.
My question is: Do you wish you had been aborted?
OR
Do you regret NOT aborting one of your children (one you gave up for adoption or are raising yourself)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• No abortions is brutial, Have you ever seen it be done. I watched a video of a partial birth abortion and the baby was moving in the dr's hands and the head was all that was still inside the mother and sometimes the killing process doesnt work instantly and then the baby must be taken to the nursery and can live and suffer for the rest of their lives. It was very bothersome.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I think a good question to add to this is if anyone who had an abortion regrets it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I know that my mom considered, very briefly, abortion when she found out she was pregnant with me. I'm glad she didn't, I've had a pretty good life, but if I'd had a terrible life, been abused, neglected, molested, maybe I would wish I'd never been born. You need to be asking this of people in a survivors group, people who've been through hard lives, who've had horrible things done to them in their lives, they are the ones who might wish that their mothers had had abortions. I really doubt that the average person would wish that they'd been aborted.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:00 AM on May. 18, 2009

• No, there is no way I could wish I would have aborted my baby. I love him too much. :-(
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:01 AM on May. 18, 2009

• canadianmom1974 I think you are right that this question may be asked to the wrong crowd... but I would like to think that the majority of babies who have been aborted could have been given a good life. Most women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy but go through and have the baby end up not regretting it. They usually say the same thing as Lauren just said, they love their baby too much and wouldn't change a thing.
    That being said I did go through a hard life. My mom was a drug addict, my dad was a sex abuser. I lived through a lot of sh**. Yea there were a lot of times growing up that I wished my life would end or that I hadn't been born at all. I was suicidal. I think anyone who says they wished they had been aborted is suicidal, they just don't want to do it themselves.
    Life can be great. Just because you are dealt with problems doesn't mean you should end your life. They are obsticles to get over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I think ones hardships in life makes them who they are-with out suffering you wouldnt be greatful for the small things in life-
    I wouldnt take away any of my suffering because it brings out my stregnth-it shows us in the end that everything you indured was worth it-
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Well, this is the "I wish I'd never been born" question. And I think every single one of us has had that feeling at some point in our life. Some of us more often than others.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on May. 18, 2009

• i dont wish i was aborted but i do wish i had different parents.i thought about aborting my last child.i was 40 and had a whole different path instore.well i had her and i tell you her life is hard.times are different these days.she is very introverted and and the world seems very extroverted and for somereason so are the moms and there children.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:53 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Sometimes. I saw the same question and really felt for the poster that said that. My life has been awful too and sometimes it would seem it would be better for everyone if I had never been born.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 12:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• no, but sometimes I wish my step son had been.
    Anonymous