Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything you can help someone that going through a divorce?

If your friend lives million miles away and you can't be there for her but I know you can be support to her by email.

Would you send her anything? What do you suggest?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • i personally would send a friend a care package of "party" type stuff....a bottle of liquor, chocolates, good movie she can either have a pity party or have a "screw him" party. either with herself or with some friends who are closer

    Answer by vabchmommy at 1:04 AM on May. 18, 2009

  • Email and positive thought counts for being there for someone. Your friend will probably appreciate you just reaching out to her, listening, being a sounding board for her. I know when I went through my divorce, I was at a real loss as to who I was now that I was no longer Mrs. So and So. It all depends upon what she might need. Just ask her.

    Answer by AbundantMama at 1:04 AM on May. 18, 2009

  • Ooh I like that idea vabchmommy.

    Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:07 AM on May. 18, 2009

  • If she has children I'd send dinner. You can order online and pay with a credit card and have it delivered.
    I imagine it would be nice to not have to worry about dinner one night.

    Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:19 AM on May. 18, 2009

  • Do you have any pictures of the two of you together? If so, make her a photo album of the fun times you guys have had together...

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.