My 11 month old daughter fell off the swing today and hit her head...she seems fine? She ate her dinner, played and went to bed on time. Should I be more concered?

Madsmom531

Asked by Madsmom531 at 1:01 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say not to worry if she is not vomitting or acting out of the normal which means acting really sleepy after it happened. Did a knot pop up?
    ChristianNurse

Answer by ChristianNurse at 1:15 AM on May. 18, 2009

• yes a small one and she did get sleepy but it was so close to her bed time. I think Im over reacting because Im home alone. My husbands in the military and is gone at the moment. But thanks so much for your help!
    Madsmom531

Answer by Madsmom531 at 1:22 AM on May. 18, 2009

• The rule of thumb, not always true but most of the time, is if a knot comes up...then they are okay. That means the smelling is on the outside. It does not seem to have been a horrible head injury.
    ChristianNurse

Answer by ChristianNurse at 1:36 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I think you would know if something was seriously wrong however if in the morning she is not easily aroused or seem to be confused, seeing things different than usually or acting funny in anyway I would get her checked just to be safe. She is probably just fine however she is your baby so it is better to be safe than sorry, also ALWAYS go with your gut feeling. Mom's know there child better than anyone so if think you should get her checked i would.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:41 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Thanks and I will keep a close eye for all the things mentioned. I will call my ped if Im still worried in the morning. "better safe than sorry" is always best!
    Thanks to all your answers...Im sure all is well.
    Just a new worried mom. ;)
    Madsmom531

Answer by Madsmom531 at 1:52 AM on May. 18, 2009