IM LOST

I really want a work at home LEGIT job and seems like their are only a few who do not ask for money. I would like to know if anyone ever tried the google online and if it really works?? what do you do? i do not like SMC or Avon so if any of you know of any other REAL w.a.h jobs please let me know !!! a desperate momma here : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Try the Telecommuting moms group here at cafemom. There were some good resources, unfortunatly with my schedule working at home does not work for me but would love to.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 3:46 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I have a few thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Pamper chef is wonderful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Get paid to get your mail out of the mailbox! Either at home or at the Post Office! No FEES!

http://www.peoplestring.com/register/?r=cindyk1982

Get paid to do surveys! FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON and INSTANT CASH! PAID EVERYDAY!

http://www.points2shop.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

Get paid to play games and do surveys! NO FEES EVER!

http://cashcrate.com/322297
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:08 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I created my own job/business. I have a degree in marketing and im a licensed cosmotologist. I combined the two and put myself to work...im a branding/marketing consultant. I help people make their jobs & ideas work. So, if you dont find something you want to do...create what you want to do! Look at Paula Deen...shes a wonderful example of a mom who needed to work from home...so she "created" herself a business. There are also so many wonderful ladies here on cafemom thats more than willing to help you find and stay on your path. But its YOU that has to make it happen. as the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink"...nothings going to happen if you dont get up and find it, make it happen YOURSELF! Good luck sweetie!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:14 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I work from home with Work At Home United.It's not a job,but a home based business.We are a health and wellness company.Just send me a message if you would like to learn about it.No large investment.
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 9:23 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I would not get into selling products if you have not already discovered that you are a good proven salesman. Everybody has some amazing home product to sell that will make you well, or make you rich. If that were true, we'd all be doing it.

Find what you love to do. Writing, sewing, gardening, child care, computer, to name a few. Now, if you are needing to pay a bill right away with extra monies, going into business is not the way to go. Even Donal Trump would tell you that it takes at least one year for a business to begin to pay for itself. Don't invest money you don't have. If you don't have it saved, then you don't have it to invest.

I see too many young families who pay into a home business, even $50 who needed that $50 to pay a past due bill. They don't make money, b/c they have stress of "needing" money.

If you have time to learn a skill, I know of several Medical transcriptionist who make good money.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:40 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Okay, there are legit opportunities out there! And all Legit home JOBs should be free... BUT many times you will be required to pay for a drug, credit or background check. That doesn't make them less legit, it just makes them good companies that are concerned about who they hire.

Home Businesses like Avon, do require investment. But allow you more freedom than a job.

I have a list of legit WAH Job companies on my website. They are ALL legit, although many of them are not curently hiring... But it's worth checking out, that changes daily...

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/  if you're interested.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:21 AM on May. 18, 2009

• i don't care what anybody says: Show me the money. Talk to women who have spent endless wasted hours giving up their time on the computer trying to make dimes and nickels that could have been time used to care for their family. If you don't have an agreement that says I will spend such and such time to make such and such money, then you will waste your valuable time.

Even self employed people don't go out and work without knowing how much money they are going to make. Use common sense. If someone has to convince you to do a particular job, it pays THEM to do the convincing and only if they do a good job at that.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:13 AM on May. 18, 2009