Has anyone tried the peel and stick kind of floor tiles? Are they any good?

My kitchen floor needs a makeover. Linoleum, dinged, discolored. Has anyone tried the peel and stick kind of floor tiles? Are they any good? How about installing wood floors in the kitchen? Are you having issues with water spills on the wooden floors???? Thanks for your help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• my mom put iin the peel and stick squares in both bathrooms over a year ago. They look great havent shown any wear or tear. they look really nice, she just got them from the locla home depot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I would not use them in a heavy traffice area. We did use them in our kitchen in our last home and they seperated in some areas that were heavy traffic. I have put in the lock n grove in my current home and love it!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Hi ronjwake, what is lock n grove? Please explain. Thanks!!!! (-:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It is a type of laminate flooring. It flows over your floor. It is just a little bit more then the stick and glue type, but the quality is better. You can purchase it at Lowes,etc.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:14 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Is it like Pergo??????????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I think Pergo is just a brand of flooring. I can not think of the brand we used, it had a warranty of 25 years, I think.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:28 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I've used the peel and stick tiles in both my kitchen and bathroom. I had a problem with the corners chipping. I ended up putting wood flooring in the kitchen and vinyl in the bathroom.  I love my kitchen floor.

MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• The floor in our kitchen is the peel and stick tiles. I'm not sure how long it's been in the house, but it was here when we moved in over 2 yrs ago and I know it was not new at that time. It still is holding up very well and looks very nice. Our kitchen is one of the highest traffic areas of the house and we haven't had any problems so far with any tiles coming loose or separating. There was a stack of extra tiles here as well and I actually used them to cover the shelves of my pantry and I love them. Very easy to clean and they look so much nicer than the bare shelves.
    bkbecca

Answer by bkbecca at 4:55 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Mom has it in her kitchen and hasn't had any problems...I think she's had it 2 or 3 years.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 6:46 AM on May. 18, 2009

• We use peel and stick in our apartment buildings because if one gets ruined we can peel it up and replace just that area. Any way they work just fine and in the neighborhoods we have buildings in they see at lot of abuse. DOn't look the greatest IMO, but they work fine. We have floating laminate (pergo is one brand) in our kitchen at home and I love it. Yes there are spills, but as long as they are cleaned up promptly there should be no problem. I even had my dishwasher leak on us and I realized it when there was a trail of water going across the kitchen floor. I turned off the dishwasher and threw some towels on the floor to sop up the mess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on May. 18, 2009