Plastic Surgery Issues...........

My friend had plastic surgery after two pregnancies. Tummy tuck (she claims for a hernia) and boob job. I am against these procedures. I think it is so vein and that it makes us other moms with mommy tummies and shrunken post-nursing boobs look bad. I am upset with her for having the procedures but have not told her. I only told her before she did it that I wish she would not because I did not think she needed it..... Should I talk to her about it or let it go?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think you should let it go. Although she is YOUR friend..it is HER body. I myself had a tummy tuck and boob job exactly because of what it did to my body after gaining-losing 50 lbs. It wasnt about wanting to make other moms look bad at all. It was all about myself and how insecure i felt with my new mom body. although I had those operations I have still have my motherly curves that I know will never go away. I have so much more self confidence looking in the mirror now, and feel that my hubby is more attracted to me now than ever. However everyone is different as well as their hubbys. I believe having a child is a beautiful thing, but if are fortunate enough to do a little nip-tuck then why not? I do envy women that can be completely secure after having a child and weight gain/loss. and women that have hubbys that make them feel beautiful either way. Hope that helped!
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 3:43 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I think you should let it go, but I am also about to do what your friend did. I am scheduled for a tummy tuck and breast lift in 2 months. I think it is great that she does not want to have sagging skin and droopy breasts.
    blueyedbadass

Answer by blueyedbadass at 5:29 AM on May. 18, 2009

• DEFINITLY LET IT GO. My son is 4 and I got a breat reduction/lift 3 years ago and am going for a tummy tuck in 3 months. The tummy tuck is closure for me, because I am a 23 year old mom who has lost a child and who can never had anymore children again. This procedure is MY CLOSURE! and will make me feel better about myself and about having only one living child now. Your friend may have personal inner feelings that she doesnt wish to voice to you. Let her be happy. Don't approach her and say something negative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on May. 18, 2009

• LET IT GO!!!
    I agree... even though she is YOUR friend... it is HER body!!! Plus, what would it do anyways? She isnt going to go back and have it all 'undone' ... Every woman is different! Some women feel GREAT in their new mommy bodies... others (like myself) DONT!!! So maybe your friend did it so that she could feel better about herself... if she is happy and she is your friend... let her be happy! Would you want her to be miserable because she didnt listen to you or even be mad at you for getting on her butt about it?? Confronting her about it could only make your friendship weaken! She is a grown woman, let her be happy with the new HER!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 7:46 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Dont hate! she wants to look good and feel young and she can afford it... so let it be!
    If I had a choice to walk around with a flabby tummy or tight abbs i would deffenatly do it....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 18, 2009

• if you don't like it, don't have it done. it sounds to me as though you are jealous.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:14 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It sounds like you're just jealous that she'll look good and you won't. You need to let it go. Its not your body or your business who are you to judge and why are you against her doing what makes her happy? You don't sound like much a friend to me! Its VAIN not VEIN. Vane means vanity. Vein is what your blood pumps through. FYI
    Anonymous

• Why would you be mad about something your friend done to HER body to make her look and feel better. If anything, you should be happy for her. i had my boobs done 2 months ago and my best friend was excited for me and she had just had a baby and was not feeling so good about herself but she was still very understanding and compassionate about it. It is not your job to agree/disagree with what your friend does with her life and her body! It sounds like you may be a tad jealous!
    Anonymous