Divorced and Dating?

Those of you that have divorced and kept your ex's last name, how has that gone with potential boyfriends? Were they bothered? If so did you care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Why would they care? That is a part of your life. I never had any problems when I started dating. Its who I am now.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 3:44 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Why would it be a problem? If the man that you are dating now has issues with the fact that you were married at one time before you to meant then he's not a very healthy person to be are you or your children. That would raise an alarm for me that he has trust issues and also has jelacay issues as well.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:32 AM on May. 18, 2009

• it's a name. why on earth would they care? if they don't like it then they can change it

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I went back to my name the day the papers were signed! Why would I want to keep my exes name??
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 10:11 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Yep, it was a problem. I kept my last name from my first marriage...when I met my now husband, he had a problem with my last name...I guess its because it was the name of another man and it was a reminder to him.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:54 AM on May. 18, 2009