Teen boys and porn..is it normal?

I just read a question from a mom that obviously was upset that her 14 year old looked at porn. I had to chuckle, as it is normal for boys this age to think of sex and look up porn. My own son done this, I found out and talked to him about it. Why do mothers make such big deals out of it?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:51 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They can't believe how fast their children are growing up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on May. 18, 2009

• 14? lol When my brother was about 8 years old, I found one of my barbies naked under the bed with his Rambo doll . . . . lol . . . they really start early!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:19 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It's normal. It's curiosity. When I was 14 I was snooping in my parents room and found Penthouse magazines my dad had and believe me I didn't know about a lot of things before I saw that. I also stayed at a cousin's house once and when everyone was asleep I turned on the tv and came across porn. I watched it.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:12 AM on May. 18, 2009

• This should be posted in the TEEN section NOT In the JUST FOR FUN section
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Okay anon . . what are you the post police? Go bore someone else with your nonsense.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:25 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It's normal. I'd rather my son look at porn then to try and get a girl to take her clothes off! It's natural for boys to be interested.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:27 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Ok its normal. But i wouldnt want my son looking at it on the computer. My neibors son looked up porn on my computer hes 14...but it got a virus on it and we had to go get a new computer. I was pissed! But then agian when that starts with my son its time for him to have a talk with dad. I would rather buy him a magazine then him fry my computer.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:47 AM on May. 18, 2009

• it's that "not my child i'm a perfect parent" syndrome. all you can do is attack it when it hits
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:12 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Yeah I agree some kids cant believe how fast their kids are growing up, but you know its gonna happen sometime. Its a part of life. Im not ready for the day when my sons watch porn I dont know what to say to them (Im a single mom) I guess I'll just handle it when the time comes. But I will not scold them for it, its a natural thing to be curious and want to know about sex. Then we'd have to have the sex talk
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 10:19 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Unfortunetly in this day and age it's called "normal". Just because something is normal doesn't mean its good or right. Porn exploits men, woman, and now children. Sex is good, porn is not a correct representation of sex or realistic for that matter. Sex will be a very normal thing for us in our house to talk to our children about, but we will also talk about the perversion of what society has made it. There's my two cents! I know I won't make many friends with that response.
    TarinP

Answer by TarinP at 10:39 AM on May. 18, 2009