My husband is a nurse and because he is in a womens field of working he has lots of female friends he talks to them all the time and gives them rides to work and is nicer to them than me I cant help but feel upset because I know if it was the other way around and I had guy friends he would get mad what do you guys think?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 7:39 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• well you need to let him know that sometimes you feel insecure about his friendships, is he treating you differently than ever before? like picking fights, getting defensive over nothing, etc?
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 7:41 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Well, you nailed if it was the other way around. Simply explain him that his attention to his females co-workers are making you uncomfortable and you would appreciate if he didn't take you for granted and gave you the same considerations if not more so you will feel more appreciated. Also, remind him of his priorities if it seems that his friendships are, then he needs to grow up some more.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:33 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I would not like it either but if that is the type of job he is going to have you will probably have to get used to it or find someone else. If he doesn't give you a reason to feel insecure just let it ride. But if it makes you uncomfortable let him know how you feel or just do what he does give him a taste of his own medicine then I bet he'll stop :)

Now if he were your bf then I wouldnn't care about it so much about the rides but that is YOUR HUSBAND and to me that makes a BIG difference. The only woman he should be driving around is YOU. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:42 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It doesn't matter what field he's in, if he's nicer to the people with whom he works than he is to you, then that's wrong. If it's a problem for you, it should be a problem for him. You should tell him exactly how his activities are making you feel and you can ask him to tone his behavior back. You cannot make him change, though, and you will have to accept that fact. One thing you can do is make home a place that he can't wait to come home to and a place which he doesn't want to leave. Maybe that will inspire him to treat you better than his co-workers.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Maybe they really appreciate him and they thank him and make him feel helpful. We all need to be appreciated. Do YOU appreciate him and do you tell him? If you want to be happy-you both have to appreciate each other and thank each other for little things and big things. Sometimes we are nicer to our friends that we are to our spouse.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:08 AM on May. 18, 2009

• i think that you definity need to tell him how it makes you feel and maybe see if you and your husband can come up with some suggestions of what you and him can both do to make the sitution better for the both of you.
    shorty415

Answer by shorty415 at 3:35 PM on May. 18, 2009