What MP3 player should I get my daughter?

I have been researching for weeks now and I still can not figure out which mp3 player to get my 9 year old for her birthday. She is very responsible and I know that she will love it no matter what, but I want it to be something that lasts. The iPod nano was our first thought. We are willing to pay the price for it, we just thought there might be a better, kid friendly player out there. We want it to be easy for her to load songs on herself, but also something that she can use for several years. What players do yhou guys recommend?

toadeezum

Asked by toadeezum at 8:18 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Shopping

• We had the iPod shuffle but gave it to our son who is 5 and both upgrade to the Nano. We love them. They are super easy, even my son can play songs.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:20 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I have an IPOD Shuffle & I really like it. It doesn't have a screen on it so if that is something you want, I'd try the Nano. It is very simple to use & download songs. My kids got MP3 players a couple of years ago for Christmas. I bought my husband the same kind this past Christmas. They are called Sansa mp3 players made by Sandisc. We really like them too. All of the models I've listed are clip ones so you can just clip them to your waist band or shirt if you don't have a case for it. The Sansas have a small display screen on them that will list the songs. They also have an FM radio on them. I have the least GB than anyone in the family & I paid the most for mine. I have 1 gb, my kids have 2 gbs, and my husband has 4 gb (and his mp3 player was the cheapest of them all). When I researched mp3 players for my kids that Christmas, I also read good things about the Zen stone that Walmart & Best Buy have.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 8:36 AM on May. 18, 2009

• ok im an idiot when it comes to tecnology lol but i bought a rca opal it was like 65 dollars at walmart and i love it, its easy to figure out and holds like 500 songs its my best friend lol. now if only i could find a good music site thats not confusing ( i like one that allows me to listen to the song first with out down loading or paying for it lol ) i have frostwire right now its good but i dunno. anyways thats what i have and it works great for me. good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:51 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Shuffle or Nano
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 18, 2009

• First of all, if you buy an Ipod of any sort, you have to use Itunes and cannot interchange it with other computers. It will only sync to one computer at a time. Apple makes their stuff so that it can only be used with other things that are theirs too, such as software. It can get annoying. We do have two nanos and a shuffle and I figured this out the hard way. There is a brand called Sansa that makes a good mp3 and has a 4g and an 8g and they have a little memory card in it that songs can be downloaded and then popped back into the player. So if your at someones home and they have some good songs, you can just take out the mem card, load it, download the songs, then put it back in, you don't have to resync it. Its just much more versatile than anything ipod makes. Thats the only other one I have heard good things about. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• id get one of those off brand kinds..not an ipod
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Shuffle. We got my oldest son (11 at the time) one for last Christmas. He loves it, it's easy for him to operate, and if something were to happen to it (because face it, with kids, something normally happens), it is only $50. I highly recommend it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:09 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh, and with Itunes you can authorize up to 5 other computers for use with the account. We love using the Itunes too, and its a great price and easy to use.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:10 AM on May. 19, 2009