have you ever done a voluntary activity?

once you did some voluntary work. Which work you enjoyed alot and why do you like to help others?

tobeistobeamom

Asked by tobeistobeamom at 8:39 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like a troll question but I'll bite anyways...
    I volunteer at the school as much as I can. And I do it because it familiarizes my youngest child with the school, the staff and it helps my daughter who's in school to know that I think school is important and that I'm doing all I can to make it easier on the teachers so they have more time to make sure she has a good education. It also helps me to get to know the teachers, so I have a feel for them if one of my children has them as a teacher in the future. And it helps them to know that I appreciate all they do, and it is just a nice feeling all around but I especially love all of those "toys" up there they let me play with. I get to do things sometimes that are just fun like coloring, cutting out, pasting, laminating and well I enjoy it :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:56 AM on May. 18, 2009

• when i was a teen, i did road side clean up, and helped out at the humane society. also spent a summer building new porches for people in our community. loved it all! i havent done much since then, though. when my girls get bigger, i want to hook up with habitat for humanity.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I do a lot of volunteer work for my son's school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 18, 2009

• why would you post this in the Relationships category?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 18, 2009

• i volunteer to check car seats (i am certified) and i volunteer at the mary house, a non profit catholic charity that provides home and care and education for homeless pregnant women. and i'm atheist. people always shit when they realize i volunteer at a catholic charity.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 9:57 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I did volunteer work as an assistant at an Air Force hospital, chaperoning women patients, assisting the doctors,taking blood pressure readings and helping patients with questionaires,etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I've done a program through the city where we fed the homeless ( thanksgiving).. It was very rewarding and a fun day. I also volunteer my time as a Soccer Coach. Also quite rewarding. I really enjoy the kids. I plan on volunteering for the Special Olympics ( I put my name in last year but they had enough people).
    Anonymous