For prochoice moms: Are you ok with partial birth abortion?

I think its wrong..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:51 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, for one the baby has a heart beat and your killing a human being. I don't agree with it unless its a serious medical issue that will harm the mother or its a bad circumstance such as rape and the mother not handling carrying a child from a rape. Why wait until that late in your pregnancy to kill your child????? If its a medical reason and you have no choice its one thing but if your doing it because you changed your mind then I feel you should be forced to get an IUD or your tubes tied.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:55 AM on May. 18, 2009

• no!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:56 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It is illegal, banned by the supreme court in 2003.

And no I do not agree with it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:59 AM on May. 18, 2009

• NO!

There is no reason why you can give birth to MOST of the child, but have to 'abort' it. If it's a life or death matter for the mother by that point, she can have a c-section. If she just doesn't want the baby, she could FINISH giving birth to it and put it up for adoption, or she should have had an abortion in the early first trimester, instead of waiting to go through to pain of labor and then deciding to kill it.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:59 AM on May. 18, 2009

• No. Here in MO the law says 24 weeks is the latest a person can get an abortion...but I think that's too far in too. I'm okay with abortion if that is what a woman wants to do, but not over half way through the pregnancy. The town I'm from will only do them up to 16 weeks and I think that is about as far in as should be allowed.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:00 AM on May. 18, 2009

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 18, 2009

• never. ever. ever. ever!
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:03 AM on May. 18, 2009

• okay. let me rephrase that. only if the baby is in trouble. such as a family member had to do it because her baby had no arms, no legs and stuff like that. it was better that way. but no just because you don't want a baby, it's wrong.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:05 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I am pro choice....Absolutely NO abortion for me..... I'm against all types of abortion for ME!
    But I stay out of business that has NOTHING to do with me.....
    A partical birth abortion is the concern of the person having it done. I will not nor could not judge them, I will leave that to God, for only he knows all.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:05 AM on May. 18, 2009

That's because 24 weeks is still the age of viability.

I would go as far to say that they should be limited to 12 weeks.

But every state has exceptions for medical reasons.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:09 AM on May. 18, 2009