What can I do to not feel tired all the time?

I get at least 6 to 7 hrs a sleep most of the time. But I still wake up feeling tired. I'm just sick of it. I know you suppose to get at least 8hrs a night which I do sometimes but I still feel the same way.

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 9:04 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• yeah. i would like to know to! i have hypothyroidism but my doc said my level was good but i'm still tired all th e time. i drink caffeine all day long and it doesn't help. ughh
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:06 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Try relaxing before you go to bed. Take a warm shower, and listen to soft music, darken your house up an hour or so before bed and turn the tv down low and just relax. Try getting at least 8 hours a day as a change in sleep patterns and hours of sleep will leave you feeling tired all the time. To much sleep and not enough always leave you feeling tired. Keep hydrated, try a sleep mask to block out the light, avoid having a clock near you. You can try warm drinks also before bed.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:07 AM on May. 18, 2009

• If you are not rested, it might be more than just sleep time you need. If you have a condition such as sleep apnea, where you stop breathing while sleeping, your blood doesn't get the oxygen it needs and it causes you to be tired in the morning.

A healthy lifestyle also helps - plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, not too much alcohol, avoid fatty food and try three sessions of about 10 minutes of exercises, such as climbing the stairs or jumping rope or doing jumping jacks...
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 9:22 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Your iron may be low. Remember that dairy inhibits the body from absorbing iron, so I would lay low on milk, ice cream & cheese. Find calcium in other forms.

While working on the body's healthy diet, I would do this to supplement. Every morning, I would wake early (the human body works with the rhythm of the earth, like the rise of the moon and the pull of the tide) and it operates much better waking early. Open all the windows to allow all the natural light poss. Open for fresh air, if poss. too.

Do some stretches to warm your muscles and some lite exercise before the family rises. This now gets blood flowing to the brain and creates a feeling of more energy. Remember that the blood needs oxygen (which will come from more iron, and also from exercise.)

These 2 ideas will not only make you feel better but keep you going all day long. You will also see a positive diff. in your children.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:26 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You should also get your thyriod, iron and blood sugar levels checked. :)
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 9:28 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You probably just need to sleep more hours at night. But if you're like me, that is hard to do. If you let me sleep I will sleep a good 9 hours or more. But I would have to go to bed at 9pm and that is just not gonna happen.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:43 AM on May. 18, 2009

• If your bloodwork has been checked and all is normal you have to take into consideration other factors:
    Even if you are getting 6-7 hours do you get woken up by your children at night? That is what happened with me. I was getting 8 hours of sleep but getting interupted at least 3 times a night by my 2 sons. At the time, 1 needed fed and the other just came strolling in at all hours of the night. Thank goodness that has stopped!
    Are you eating 3 meals a day? This is very important! Your blood sugar gets low and in turn you get tired. You have to make a point to eat.
    Are you getting any exercise? I know when you are tired that is the last thing that you want to do but sometimes you have to push yourself and when you are done you feel so much better!

Good Luck! Hope this helped.

If you
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 11:15 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day.
    Are you eating a balanced diet? You should be eating 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors. You should be eating 7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eating animal products can leave you feeling sluggish. Cut way back on, or eliminate meat and dairy; instead up your legumes, like beans, lentils and tofu.
    Feel free to contact me for recipe and meal ideas (no, I am not selling anything).

Answer by rkoloms at 2:47 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Thanks for the feeback everyone. I had a physical about 4months ago. Everything was fine. I do need to develop better sleep habits like going to bed at the same time every night. I don't drink enough water or excercise so I plan to work on that.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:48 PM on May. 18, 2009