What's your opinion on epidurals?

I have no idea if I want one. My cousin is so against them and is trying to talk me out of it.

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 9:07 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Had 3 of them, no problems and I loved ev1 of them. But it's different for each person.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I wasn't going to get one...then I went into labor. I am pro-epidural!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:08 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I had one and it failed an hour later so my daughter was born natural with only my left leg being totally nub. Im not against them and its your body and your pain level that you need to think about. Their are risks like with any other medication but its your pregnancy and your labor. They will get over it once the baby is born if you choose to get one. My mom was there along with my husband and she was against it and once it failed I got the told you so speech but then she was born 1 hour later and its all been forgotten.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:09 AM on May. 18, 2009

• THANK U TO WHO EVER INVENTED IT!!.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:09 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I have 2 lower back tatoos. And I had an epi with all 3 pregnancies. You still feel pain, but not nearly as bad. And you are able to get some rest while in labor because the contractions aren't so bad. I didn't have any problem with any of the ones I had. Some people believe it affects the child, but mine are fine. I have a special needs child, but it's nothing to do with the epi. I know because he was less then 7lb. and the others, one was 9.2 and the other 8.4. I'd suggest getting one, just because it makes it easier. It's really not up to anyone but you. And if you are considering it, tell your cousin to leave you alone about it.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:11 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Was scared to death about getting one with my first pregnancy. Told my husband, no matter what, I do not want one. After feeling the the exercist, being so tense with all the pain, and not being able to dialate passed 4, I got an epidural, made a world of difference. I felt nothing but pressure. Than with the 2nd pregnancy I walked in the doors asking for it! The best thing ever!!!
    amyrob0218

Answer by amyrob0218 at 9:17 AM on May. 18, 2009

• 1st poster here, with all 3 of mine I kid you not, I didn't feel a thing!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 18, 2009

• This is my first and i know im going to get one. I already told my doctor that when its time i want drugs lots and lots of drugs. lol. My SO is trying to talk me out of it but its not going to happen. haha
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:17 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I love them. :] I still felt pain but nothing like what it would have been.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:18 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I have had three children, three epidurals, no problems :)
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:23 AM on May. 18, 2009