What kind of gift would be nice for a kindergarten teacher?

My son's teacher has really gone above and beyond for her class and my little man. She's been an absolutely amazing teacher, and my family adores her. My daughter will be in her class next year, too. I was thinking of getting her a little thank you gift- any ideas? I always think of pictures, or would something more practical be nice?

mamaamber2003

Asked by mamaamber2003 at 9:10 AM on May. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A gift card that can be used for supplies. They spend a lot of their own money on supplies. Stay away from the mugs, lol. My moms friend is a teacher and they get so many of them and it's not needed.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:15 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Gift card for mani or pedi

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:22 AM on May. 18, 2009

• im with them- gift card. maybe one from borders?
    anything but candles and bath accessories! (teachers end up with tons of that stuff!)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:27 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Gift cards for salon/spa service is great. It is nice for them to have something to pamper themselves after a year of hard work!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:37 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I love to give gift cards to movies so they can have fun with their families. I also like to do pizza gift cards (like to pizza hut) and to Honeybaked Ham during the holidays to help them get meals on the table. My co-room mom and I have made a photo book on Shutterfly.com for our teacher. We had parents who attended parties and events with the class upload their photos and then we designed them all into a photo book that documents the year. We can't wait to give it to her!!

I host a mom blog in Atlanta where we talk a lot about school-age issues. Today we're talking about how much say should parents get in which teacher their children have next year! Check us out at blogs.ajc.com/momania.
    ajcMOMania

Answer by ajcMOMania at 10:06 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Teachers really hate getting things. They really love getting a handwritten thank you note, especially from a student. They appreciate getting gift cards, especially for teacher supply stores or book stores.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:53 AM on May. 18, 2009