C-section frustration!

LADIES!!! MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!!! Yeah... I'm being needy...
I had a c-section on May 3rd. Though still a tiny bit sore, I feel amazing! (not taking any pain relievers) I have ridiculous amounts of energy. I want to exercise, walk my big doggy, play with my SD on the playground, help with the renovation at our church, and (especially) make love to my handsome man!!! Everyone says, "Take it easy!" I know I need to let my body heal. Give me some words of wisdom!

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 9:11 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• HOLY COW! I'm soooo jealous. I have had two c-sections and I haven't had any energy since before my daughter was born! LoL. I'm glad that you are feeling so wonderful but the ladies here are right. If you try to do too much you'll strain your c-section area and it can cause serious complications. They tell you not to lift things and excersize because you've just been cut in half! Your muscles need to reattach themselves and grow back together, this is not fully complete even at the six week mark, but at that point you can start doing strengthening excersizes in small amounts. Trust me, you don't want to rip yourself open inside and end up on your death bed.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 9:33 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You could do major damage inside if you pull a muscle. You need to let your body heal to avoid infections and the stitches coming out. You don't want to DIE from over doing it. You could bleed internally and end up with blood poisoning that will KILL you. Now what good would you be to your child. Follow the doctors orders. I had sex 10 days after a vaginal delivery and if your body is ready be safe about it as a pregnancy this early would probably end badly. We used a condom to avoid pregnancy and took it easy. I was the same way but it will catch up to you and if you over do it your risking your life and risking not being there for your child.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:18 AM on May. 18, 2009

• thank you. lol. i didnt mean i was gonna do all those things! really, im just whining cuz i cant. silly, i know.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:21 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You said tell you words of wisdom so I told you what i know. I was doing laundry and cleaning my house 36 hours after giving birth, then drove 8 hours to ohio 48 hours after having my baby and stayed there a week then drove 8 hours back to ny and packed up my house to move to VA. By the time she was 6 weeks old she had been to NY, OHIO,NY, OHIO and then Virginia. You can play at the playground but keep it light, you can go for walks and do light house work, you can help at the church but you should avoid straining or using your stomach muscles to much. Give it at least 4 weeks before you start going crazy.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:25 AM on May. 18, 2009

• im sure time will fly. it has so far. i definitely do a lot of light cleaning, and go for walks, with out my poor puppy. lol.
    its funny, i thought id be so glad about being lazy around the house. boy, was i wrong!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:31 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I felt exactly the same way that you do!! Don't feel bad about it! Take it easy when you feel like you need to but your body will tell you when you need to relax!! Otherwise, enjoy it!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 9:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• my dog keeps looking at me like "dont you love me anymore?" lol. my SD and i walked her a half a mile a day until 2 days before i had my daughter. now, we wait for my SO to get home. i push the stroller while he walks the dog. but she HATES it! and i don't think he likes it much either. he LOVES the dog, but she just won't walk nice for him. she pulls and jumps and runs into his legs and chews her leash. its like an 85 pound monster, trying to escape his clutches! and he just gets so frustrated, cuz she doesnt do that to me.
    i expected my SD to be jealous of the baby getting attention. she's not, but my dog sure is!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:53 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Relax, I had a csection on April 28th and I have all this energy also but mine was a repeat and I knew what to expect. I am not pushing myself and I would advise against walking an 85 pound dog. They also should have told you no sex till your 6 week checkup. Try to take it easy go for walks I do all the time and it helps. Good Luck
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 11:56 AM on May. 18, 2009