I'm wondering...

When I read a question and it turns out to be about a subject that offends me or I simply don't have the same point of view, I just move on and don't answer it. Why do people get so mad and fight on here when all they have to do is move on to the next question?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 9:33 AM on May. 18, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I'll answer it in what ever snarky, witchy way I want, then move on without posting it (essentially deleting my answer). I find myself hitting the "Answer Question" button on those if I'm on here when I'm already in a bad mood or really tired, so I try to avoid it at those times.
    If the title says something I KNOW I'll "get up in arms" about, I avoid the whole question. Some women just don't have the will power to move on like that.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 1:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Beats me! I haven't understood that either. In fact, if it was something that was extremely controversial I'd take the time to explain my point of view, as much as possible with the few words we have here, and post it for others to read and consider, but I would NEVER lash out at a specific person and use harsh and cruel words or derogatory descriptions because they didn't believe the same as me. I've always agreed to disagree about things. I know that what I believe is right for me, unless someone can explain to me with a valid point why it isn't... and the same should be true for everyone. I'm always open to ideas, suggestions, and theories...
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 9:37 AM on May. 18, 2009

• ditto -- i posted a question , and said 'my bf' well since im not married someone didnt answer the question but told me 'if i can afford kids i should b able to afford a marragie lisence' riiiite - i didnth think u HAD to be married to have kids ... hmm so any married women want my kids since i cant have them- pm me if interrested lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:40 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Unfortunately, with some people that's all they know (maybe they were taught that way). Others just simply like to fight. Why not, they don't have to deal with the consequences. Sucks, huh.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Idk why people get upset that they get pissy answers. The world is full of pissy people. When you post on a public forum, basically you are asking for it. You can place blame in both places. The people who don't move to the next question when they know they are offering a loaded answer and the people who ask questions but are too sensitive to handle answers of all shapes and sizes. JMO.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 3:20 PM on May. 18, 2009