solid food for my toddler

I am very worried about my 20-month old son. He has very little interest in any
table food. He takes a couple of small bites then that's it. So we are still feeding him
with baby cereal or jar food now--he just swallows without chewing. We went to see doctors a few time but didn't get anything helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try bananas
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:45 AM on May. 18, 2009

• If he is able to eat table foods, then you may need to stop or at least cut back on the baby foods to encourage his interest in table foods. If you are not already, be sure and eat meals at the same time as him and include him at the table with you.

If you think there is more of an issue w/ textures, etc. then you should look into early intervention. There may be a "Birth to 3" group in your area that could help, or you can even contact the local school district and then should be able to put you in touch w/ someone who can help. At 20mos. he really should be eating table foods, and early intervention can help with that.

sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2009