Are you or were you ever self conscious about stuff?

When I was little I was very self conscious but I grew up and realize wait a minute I am alright, but why do we feel this way it is not like someone kept telling me stuff to feel this way. Well maybe my brothers and friends.

The other day my 5 year old daughter scraped her leg against a cement block I kept telling her to stop getting on that or she will fall well she never fell and finally she did (I swear kids act like you don't know what you are talking about until it happens) anyway she did not want to go to school bc of this big long boo boo she had I told her you have to and will go to school she cried and cried but I helped her get ready by the time it was time to go she was fine. She even wanted pants to help cover that nasty looking booboo. I told her no bc it will rub against her booboo.
Anyway what I am asking is....Being selfconscious it is in the genes or does it just appear??? Thanks Ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• I think some behavior is just learned and some is possibly inherited. My son is like me, kind of shy and reserved. But is that b/c he is with me most of the time and he has taken on some of my habits? As far as being self conscious, I have always been that way. My son is a little bit. So maybe on that one, he didn't inherit it. And I'm glad.:)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:20 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I am very self conscious especially about my general looks & weight..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 18, 2009