how sick is too sick for tubes?

My daughter has a cold which typically turns into an ear infection. She's scheduled for tubes on Thursday. Anyone know how sick she can be and still get the surgery? She goes to the doc tomorrow for pre-op visit. I'm just anxious and want to get this over with. I don't want to have to delay it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I could be wrong on this but I have heard if your are sick they won't do it until the person is feeling better. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I would wait until she is better. But the doc will know what to do:)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:09 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I think if it's just a cold she can still do it. As long as she doesn't have a fever and it's not bad.
    LandonsMom321

Answer by LandonsMom321 at 12:19 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Go to her pre-op appointment. They're the ones who can answer that correctly.
    Anonymous

• They won't do it if she has a fever. Even if she has an infection they can do it as long as she hasn't had a fever in the 24 hours before the surgery.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If she has no fever, they should still do the tubes. Ask at the preop visit and the doc will let you know.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on May. 18, 2009